What are the top 5 reasons that assures that PHP will be the most prominent language for web development in 2017?
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor helps in building dynamic website pages in open source server side scripting language. One major advantage of PHP is that it supports all the prominent web servers. Whether it’s Apache or Microsoft IIS or Netscape and personal web server.
Let’s have a look at the top 5 reasons to determine PHP for web development in 2017:
1. Set with the advanced features: The latest update on PHP 7.1.0 is getting launched with various improvements and varied features like:
· Iterable pseudo-type
· Nullable types
· Void return type
· Class constant visibility modifiers
· Catching multiple exceptions types
· Square bracket syntax for list() and the ability to specify keys in list()
These key elements an efficient tool for web development in the coming years.
2. Free and User-friendly: Compared to all the programming languages, PHP is easy to learn and use. It is because the syntax of PHP is based on C and Perl languages. Being an open source web language, PHP is entirely free of cost. Some of the scripting languages charge the usage of the codes. Most of the small and big companies are using PHP for web development because it is a open source language and this trend is going to continue for the year 2017 too.
3. All OS and Server compatibility: PHP works on different platforms like Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS X etc. and it is compatible with local servers such as Apache, IIS etc.
4. Multiple PHP frameworks: There are loads of systems accessible in PHP today, for example, Codelgniter , CakePHP, Zend, Magento, Joomla, PEAR, Laravel, Symfony et cetera. The accessibility of these various systems in PHP helps us to rapidly assemble application and site that join an assortment of various elements. These structures additionally confer security and speed to our application improvement prepare.
Features related to PHP based frameworks
MVC coding pattern: Today almost all the frameworks follow the MVC pattern. This pattern separating the (data) Model from the Controller (which pulls data from the model to give to the view) from the View (what the user sees). A well-developed MVC system lets a front-end developer and a back-end developer to work simultaneously and on a common system without any of the parties having to interfere, share or edit the files each one is working on.
Object Oriented Programming: Object-Oriented Programming is a programming methodology that employs classes and objects. It helps simplify the process of software development and maintenance with the help of its concepts such as Class, Object, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation etc.
The basic Object Oriented Programming functionality was first of all added in PHP 3 and it got improved in PHP 4, whereas PHP 5 introduced private and protected member variables and methods, along with abstract classes, final classes, abstract methods and final. At present, almost all the features related to OOP have been added to PHP, which has made it even more advanced, powerful and secured.
5. Security and Cross Platform: The predefined function set of PHP supports several trusted data encryption options. Therefore, a lot of third party applications can be used to secure our data. Security being of the utmost importance for any application, this is a critical attribute when it comes to making a choice of the language for application development.
These and many more are the reasons why developers will continue to use PHP as the language of choice for a majority of applications built in the year 2017.