Mobile apps have become an integral part of modern, civilized life. People are just crazy of great mobile apps. How an immensely popular app comes into being is a million-dollar question.
Great mobile apps invariably have three core ingredients – design, function and experience of the end user. So mobile app design becomes one key factor for the growth of app. Following are some of the important points, which should be taken care while designing a mobile app.
- Give great care even to the minute details. Every pixel of any mobile app design, will count. This is the first rule to keep in mind, if you want to make your app great. Take care that the desktop icons stand out.
- Regarding fonts, perfect separations between titles, subtitles and content with bold, italic, colors, and sizes should be given utmost attention. Tiny adjustments in the mini-space of apps can make a huge difference. Ultimately, it’s the fonts which determine the actual look n feel of your mobile app.
- Mobile app design – UI/UX has to be with the right approach, using Apple’s UI or Android’s UI standard properly followed. When creating your app’s UI/UX, develop it efficient enough for your expert users, and informative and simple enough for novice users.
- Navigation is a root for the success of any app. Don’t emphasize on aesthetics at the expense of functionality and intuitiveness. Navigation is not the place to experiment your new ideas.
- When you develop a mobile app for iPhone, keep in mind the features of iOS, and when you do for Android, make sure your design principles match that operating system.
- See to it that contrast and color schemes should be fun, beautiful, and contribute to the overall ease of using the app. But don’t use too many colors, particularly when designing an icon and theme.
In all, mobile app design is of paramount important, while planning for the app. Consider yourself as an end user to get it right.
Author is a senior business analyst and an expert in native mobile app development.
Mobile App Usage Stats 2015
According to a leading mobile analytics firm, mobile app usage continued to see significant growth year on year, with overall mobile app usage up by 72.5%. Top mobile app categories including shopping, utilities & productivity and messaging also saw more than 300% growth. With 51% of time spent on mobile devices in comparison to 42% on desktops / laptops by end users in United States, global companies are partnering mobile app development companies India to develop mobile app, which keeps them ahead of curve.